Wednesday, May 11, 2011

London bound

We have some big news to announce and no, we're not pregnant. A couple of weeks ago, Michael learned that we would have the opportunity to live in London for the rest of this calendar year. He was offered a work assignment to cover a lady's maternity leave. We immediately accepted and will be moved in by early June at the latest. These past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind- getting the necessary paperwork for our passports and Visas (yes, Grace has a passport and soon to have a Visa at the age of 5 months). I have resigned from my job- such a bitter sweet moment for me. Trying to figure out what type of place we will be staying in London and packing up all of our necessities for less than a year. Michael leaves either Sunday or Monday depending on when our Visas arrive. He will be back the Thursday before Memorial Day, which is when Grace and I will be returning with him.

It's funny because everyone keeps asking Michael and me how I am doing. I (we) couldn't be happier or more excited for this unique experience. What a cool opportunity! I'll be honest- there are two major reasons why I am able to calmingly go through this much of a crazy change in such a short amount of time.

#1 The Blossoms- Sam Blossom was a former Fiji pledge brother and Little 500 teammate of Michael's who just moved to London in December with his family. His wife, Amber, stays home to take care of their two young boys. What a relief---we have already been nonstop with picking their brains on health care, daily necessities, locations to live, etc. We already don't know what we would do without them.

#2 The future Weinheimers- they will not only be moving in to our place when we leave, but they will also be taking care of L. Gumball, who is still alive and loving life.

If you happen to be going through Europe or London, don't hesitate to contact us so we can head down to the local pub for a pint. Cheers! 

People keep asking if Grace will come back with a British accent. Her new favorite lullaby-"London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London bridge is falling down, my fair lady."

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that you are getting this awesome experience! And, even more, I LOVE how positive you are about the move! Adam and I pray everyday that he gets an overseas assignment sometime in his military career! I would just love it, just like you will LOVE London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience for you, Mikey, and baby Grace! :) I hope things aren't too stressful in your preparations, and I can't wait to see your posts about London!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...