Friday, September 23, 2011

Random Thoughts

Grace and I had a great Mommy/daughter day. It was the most typical and *relaxing day we've had in a while. I just had one of those days where I was able to take a deep breath, relax and had several moments where I found myself smiling for no particular reason. It was the first time in a while I was able to shut off my brain and let it wonder. I thought it would be interesting to jot down some of my randomness while walking/taking the tube through Regent's Park to the Boots on High Street Kensington. 

  • Michael looks thinner to me. Wow- did I miss him!
  • Grace and I made it back to London safely. 
  • I'm getting very good and efficient at traveling (with a baby).
  • I should start sharing my traveling tips.
  • Graces doctor appointments in the US and UK went well. She's continued growing bw the 2 appointments. She didn't have more blood tests today, but we will do it in 2 months from now. Her levels that were low are more common than not in babies under 18 months. 
  • I've been thinking of Paul and Kristen nonstop since there is a slight chance Grace may have Celiac Disease. 
  • If I couldn't cook with gluten for my daughter that would be silly to cook it for myself. Is that automatic weight loss program? Alyse?
  • I cannot believe nurses draw the same amount of blood from a baby as they do adults- 5 full vials. They even use the same word choice, "Now this may pinch a little."
  • Can you believe Grace stopped crying in the middle of it?
  • 45 mins of my day was spend trying to nurse Grace in the pediatrician's sitting room.
  • It ended up turning into a play date with a family from Nigeria instead.
  • I really need to stop leaving home without my camera. 
  • I need to check out Amanda Schulte's blog about Morocco. 
  • I should start keeping a to do list. And only ONE list. Which should be located in the same spot. 
  • I had a blast with my sister celebrating her happiness. Bridal shower and bachelorette party all in one week! 
  • I miss my family.
  • Grace grew so much while we were visiting all our family and friends back home in the states. 
  • American luxuries I miss: ice, good laundry facilities, cheap manis and pedis, my car, Target. 
  • I don't know which view makes me happiest: Regent's Park, IU's sample gates, or the Chicago skyline. 
  • ...hmmm...I may have just put them in my current order.
  • The roses in Reget's Park are bigger, more beautiful and more deliciously fragrant than I remember. 
  • Seeing little kids dressed up in their Matilda school girl uniforms make me smile.
  • ...while riding a scooter is an added bonus. 
  • I cannot believe xmas items are already on sale. 
  • Grammie Mo, Grandpa Den and Uncle Matt have started and continued Grace's Disney DVD collection. Her Halloween gift was Mary Poppins. 
  • Some of the Disney DVDs go in a vault and are only sold every 5 years. Who knew? Dumbo was apparently JUST released. 
  • I feel blessed to have life long friends in both my home cities. (Chicago and London) 
  • I can't believe this is the 2nd school year I'm not working. 
  • I think it's more important to stay home with Grace.
  • Somedays, I even think it's more difficult. 
Alright...I need to stop. I could go on forever and ever. If you're still reading: I'm impressed and would love to hear a random reply. I would especially love for it to be from someone random as well. 

*It wasn't very relaxing taking the tube (having to switch a couple times) to the pediatrician 45+ mins away. 

1 comment:

  1. If you're ever in the need of a gluten-free blog, I frequent one and the lady makes some pretty delicious things from the looks of it (her most recent were gluten free peanut butter m&m cookies...so much for a weight loss program haha) Its: http://keepitsimplekeepitfresh.blogspot.com/

    Grace keeps getting more and more beautiful as she grows, and has one of the cutest smiles I have seen. I've been wondering...does she have some red/strawberry blonde locks growing in? Or is she going to be a blondie? Beautiful either way! :)

    Glad to hear all is going well. Sending love from AZ! Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...