Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall day

Dear Grace,
I really enjoyed our mommy-daughter time we shared today. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, which I loved. Things have been nonstop lately with traveling that it has felt good to just hang out and get back into our normal routine this week. Daddy didn't get home until late tonight because he had a work dinner so it was just the two of us all day. I'm exhausted, but equally happy, sitting here reminiscing about our day. It was filled with lots of smiles, baby giggles- just because, singing (I like to pretend that you participate now too, bah...bah...bah...), tears, frustration, curiosity, and mostly happiness. 


In between your two naps, I decided we needed to check out your Secret Garden. It had been way too long since we were there for a visit. I grabbed our camera and your mini pumpkin in hopes of fallen leaves. It was the perfect fall day with a cool breeze, wet grass and beautifully colored leaves! I tried getting you to smile. I would have even settled for eye contact, but you were too curious. Determined to eat a leaf, inspect with your pumpkin, and just play in the dirt, I had so much fun watching your curiosity lead our way. 
You spent so much of our time in the garden looking up, smiling and waving at the leaves blowing on the trees. Pure joy! 
Needless to say, we went home and into the bathtub to wash your adorable dirty baby feet. After a quick nap, we spent the rest of the afternoon (2.5 hours) on Skype with your Godmother. It felt like we were all in the same room. Hanging out. Doing absolutely nothing, except enjoying each others' company. Note to self: we should do that more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...