Friday, August 10, 2012

Baby #2

One of the most important updates I haven't written about due to lack of Internet access as well as time is baby #2.

We're beyond excited to announce that we're having a BOY! Connor Matthew has always been our boy name from day one. O'Connor is Michael's Mom's maiden name and Matthew is the name of all 3 of our kids' uncles. 

I have decided to deliver at Prentice Hospital downtown and stay with the same Women's group I used since I was pregnant with Grace. Due to the travel distance increase, my doctors are being a little more conservative in preparation for me going into labor. 

There are two major difference so far with my pregnancies. I was much more sick with Connor than Grace. The first trimester was VERY long due to morning (okay....afternoon and sometimes evening) sickness. The frequency significantly decreased in the second trimester, but would occasionally still happen. The other difference is I think Connor moves more often and much more intense than Grace did. I actually have parts of my stomach that are sore and hurt from him moving. I remember feeling what I thought was one of Grace's limbs moving, but I feel like Connor is running his body into me and constantly doing flips. 

The only scare for this pregnancy was when I got really sick with a virus right after we moved home from London. Very few people knew I was pregnant, but I ended up in the hospital due to dehydration. Northwestern hospital's ER in downtown Chicago at night is interesting to say the least. We literally watched a patient try to run from the 2 policeman who were standing next to his hospital bed. Silly man. 

Michael and I had a very nice vacation in San Diego, CA when I was 31 weeks. My college girlfriend, Kat, got married, which was the perfect excuse to get away. Michael's parents and brother watched Grace for 5 days; our longest time away from her. We were able to get out there early to spend time with our good friends Lacey and Dave Elpers. 
I know- I'm that girl who posts a pregnant bathing suit picture of herself on the Internet. I figure if you choose to check out my mommy blog, then it's fair game. You should know the kinds of things you're getting into. 

Other than that little scare, it has been an uneventful and great pregnancy. Of course I'm much more tired this time around since I'm running around with a toddler. It's been a record hot summer for the Chicago-land area, which is a bit uncomfortable. But, Grace and I have had the luxury of living in a place with air-conditioning so we've been just fine. 

Connor, I can't wait to meet my little kicker. Scratch that. My little boxer, you're definitely fighting in there. 
Basically 33 weeks down; 7 to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...