Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mess-free painting

Dear Grace,

After seeing this Mess-Free Finger Painting art project on Pinterest, I have wanted to try it out with you. I recently saw that my Mommy blogging friend, Emily, did this craft with her toddler which motivated me to collect the few supplies I needed.

My advice- I used way too much paint. The paper ended up getting so drenched that it ripped as I was trying to get it out of the bag. Before guessing how someone did something via the picture on Pinterest, click the link and actually read it. I just now read this original post from The Hippie Housewife and I love what she did. She used tempera paint and put two primary colors in each bag. Her boys were not only playing with the mess free paint, but they also figured out what color they made when mixed together. 
You had a blast, which was good enough for me! Enjoy!

Love, Mommy 
This is what happens if you just place it on the ground and let a toddler go. The original blog I found had her toddler nicely sitting in a chair and used painters tape to securely keep the bag still on the table. I'll probably try that next time as well.  
You loved looking at your finished art project once it was all dry the next day. 
PS I love how you did this mess free project in your diaper as if we were avoiding your clothes being ruined. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you guys had fun!! :) Our paper was too soggy too, which was a bummer, but she loved feeling the paint in the bag... Hope you guys are settling in nicely to the new place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...