Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Emotional roller coaster

This past weekend contained so many emotional moments. My Dad's sister, Donita and her husband/my Godfather, Robert came to the city for the weekend from Lexington, KY. 
Donita, Grace and I spend the day searching for macaroons. My cousin Samantha visiting Paris shortly after her engagement and became obsessed with them while she was there. Apparently they aren't found in your normal neighborhood bakery so she send her parents on a mission to find them while they were in Chicago. We went to the cutest bakery/cafe in Lincoln Park- Bittersweet. It is the perfect place to grab lunch or coffee & a sweet treat with a girlfriend. They even have adorable gifts for babies/kids, brides-to-be, or for any girlie occasion. (Michelle...you would fall in love)

There was an adorable couple also eating lunch with their 1 year old daughter. When the waitress came to serve them their large mocha mug and pitcher & mug of hot tea, the waitress accidentally spilled it on the baby!  I'm not sure if she tried serving the drinks over the baby's head or what, but when I looked up I saw liquid dripping from the top of her head all the way down her face! The Dad immediately jumped up and started wiping off the liquid, then the Mom picked up her daughter and took her to the bathroom to drench her head in cold water. I'm assuming they were first time parents- talk about the most calm parents ever first time or not. After a ridiculously long time (after the waitress cleaned up the mess and a long awkward amount of time went by) the waitress and the manager came out to check on the baby and talk to the parents. The baby eventually stopped screaming bloody murder and the adorable family continued eating their lunch. Aunt Donita and I (as well as everyone else in the restaurant) just sat there quietly. Of course it was an accident and you know that waitress feels horrible. Personally, I was sick to my stomach from what I had just witnessed!
Vinny and Alana invited Michael and I to join them for their wedding taste testing at Nacional 27. What an amazing date night- great food, drinks, company and entertainment! We cannot wait for their wedding. I'm pretty sure it is going to be the best wedding food we have ever had! Alana made these cute charts for us to fill out while we were tasting the food- the dorky teacher in me loved that part! Uncle Matt, Libbie's fiance, watched Grace for us while we went out! Originally, it was going to be Libbie and Matt ,but Lib had to go to IU at the last minute for a student teaching thing. Matt offered to still watch her on his own- he said he would love to still spend the time with Grace. How cute is that? Unfortunately, Grace was already sleeping for the night by the time he got here because she goes to bed so darn early. 
Growing up my sister, brother and I vividly remember receiving Kentucky gear from Uncle Robert. Obviously, it is nothing in comparison to IU or Purdue in our family, but thanks to Uncle Robert we've always been at least some what of UK fans. Michael was a good sport about it, but I'm sure he's slightly embarrassed of the following pictures...

I just love the pictures of our little family on our balcony!
Grace was busy praying for Butler to win in her blue and white. 
   
Aunt Donita got this adorable hand knitt hat from The Little Hat Shop at Navy Pier- perfect for the month of April and Easter weekend! Thanks, Aunt Donita. xoxo 
This was a big birthday weekend for my family as well. My Mom's birthday was Saturday and Michael's was yesterday. Happy birthday to the best Mom and husband in the whole wide world! I love you two! xoxo Alright...enough of the cheesiness. My Mom wasn't around to celebrate with us this weekend because that lucky girl spent it with her sister, Jeryl at a spa resort in Arizona. Michael and I had our immediate families over for pizza, popcorn and Cubs cookies I picked up at the bakery. 
Those were the moments where I felt like I was on top of the roller coaster. Now for the drop down... 

Mr. L. Gumball-  by Sunday night he missed 3 of his usual easy jumps, started sneezing nonstop and had only eaten once since Thursday night! Michael and I were emotionally preparing ourselves to get Gumball put down at 8 AM this morning. He stayed the night at Grammie Mo and Grandpa Denn's house and Grammie Mo was going to take him in the morning to a clinic in Munster for us. When they woke up, he had eaten more than half a cup of his food (already- half a days amount) Dennis also saw him eat twice while he was getting ready for work and his energy level was up. Maureen said she was following him around nonstop alllll morning! I called the vet and she said she has no way of guessing if he will continue to eat or stop again. Her gut instinct is that he will eat again for a day or two (just like last week) and then stop again... talk about an emotional roller coaster...up & down & all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...