Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Bday, Michael

Happy 31st Birthday, Michael James! You are the best husband to me and father for Grace. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. I am counting down the years 'til you don't have to study for a test around your birthday. I can't even imagine...

For Michael's birthday we had our immediate families over for dinner. We made sure it was early enough in the day so everyone had time to hang out with Grace before she went to bed. It was a very nice and casual study break for Michael as well as an emotional break for us from the Gumball craziness. 

Here are a couple pictures from that day... so sad we didn't take even one picture of the birthday boy! Oops- you know I won't let that happen again. 
Grace hanging out with her Grandfathers. I love the picture of her with Grandpa Denn.
Grace had her first taste of solid food- Cubs sugar cookie! I haven't read any baby food books yet, but that's a good first choice...right?

Monday night was Michael's actual birthday. After "saying goodbye" to L. Gumball, I had Vinny and Alana come over at the last minute to watch Grace. Watching Grace was very similar to Uncle Matt watching her- they hung out and were doing wedding things while Grace slept.  Michael and I decided to walk to English for dinner and a drink before we came back home to watch the basketball game with the future Mr. & Mrs. 

"saying goodbye" is in quotes because we still have a pet cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He kept eating and eating and regaining more and more energy while he was visiting the Nierengarten home. I brought him back home tonight and we have a couple more tricks up our sleeves. Unfortunately, I still don't have a good feeling about it. :(... I sure hope I'm wrong!
I love you more today than yesterday, Michael! 
Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...