Thursday, July 14, 2011

101 Dalmatians Part 2

WARNING: I talk a little bit about breastfeeding in the beginning of this post. There aren't detailed descriptions, but I wanted to give you fair warning. You can't say I didn't warn you...

Dear Grace,
Unfortunately, I had to take you back to your pediatrician because you weren't feeling well last week. That Sunday evening you cried uncontrollably for about an hour. NOTHING would calm you down. It was the first time I couldn't help you by snuggling and nursing you. I think you eventually made yourself so tired and finally fell asleep in between Daddy and me in our bed. You woke up the next afternoon from a really long nap with a fever of 102. I called your doctor's office and the really nice lady at the front office told us to come in first thing the next morning. 

That next morning you were back to your happy self. The doctor said you were at the tail end of an upper respiratory infection and you only had it for a couple days (instead of up to 7 days) because I'm still breastfeeding you. He even told me I was only 1% of Mums living in London who exclusively breastfeed until 6 months. He is very supportive of the way Daddy and I have been parenting you so far. Even though I know breastfeeding is best for you, it is still a HUGE commitment. Just as ideas of other options were crossing my mind, Dr. Raffles, successfully encouraged and motivated me to keep going. He didn't even know this was a thought. He was just so positive about you getting better so fast and was giving me the credit! 

Enough about the not so fun stuff and on to the better half of the day. Stopping in with the pediatrician means we were just around the corner from our favorite park in London. Regent's Park. It was the perfect time to stop and smell the roses as well as finish the rest of the 101 Dalmatians adventure walk. Click HERE if you want to read where I left off. Cheers! 

Love, Mummy 

We walked back through the golden gates, to Queen Mary's Rose Garden. I didn't realize the roses had such fun names. 
Past the small pond...
The fish are HUGE!
"There are three paths to the right here. Take the middle one, signposted London Zoo and Primrose Hill Bridge. Walk across the park until you reach the Zoo. Cross the Outer Circle and over the canal, glimpsing the animals and Lord Snowdon's grand aviary as you pass." 
"Cross over Prince Albert Road at the zebra crossing and walk into Primrose Hill. Sticking to the path on the left-hand edge, walk straight up the hill. Then as you come up to the very top of the hill turn to the right." 
"At 78 m/256 ft high Primrose Hill is one of the highest points in London. Take in the glorious views and imagine the Twilight Barking across London that led to the tracking down of the Dalmatian puppies. This is where it all happened."
We walked down Primrose Hill, past Primrose Hill Books, past the pet shop with dog treats and to a cafe. I enjoyed a sweet crepe and latte and you enjoyed smiling at a group of old ladies. We hopped back on the tube, just in time to avoid the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...