Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pinterest Party #2: asparagus

Pinterest follow through #2 : The best way to make asparagus. 
Quoted from a previous pinner, "The absolute best way to cook asparagus, and SO SIMPLE! Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese; bake 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes."

I know this isn't rocket science and I'm sure many of you are laughing at me, but I need baby steps when it comes to cooking. Thanks to Pinterest, I am inspired to continue to learn. 

My overall opinion: The previous pinner nailed it. It is the easiest and best way to cook asparagus in my opinion too. I always buy the thinnest asparagus in the store b/c that's Michael's preference. I also have to admit that I probably use way too much parmesan cheese. Boy, is this vegetable our current favorite on our dinner table! I know what you're thinking...asparagus pee, which if you didn't know, is hereditary! Not everyone who is reading this knows what I'm talking about or has experienced the smell. Who knew?
Pinspiration original sources: FOODA Well Traveled Woman
If you haven't read the explanation of my weekly Pinterest Party, click here
Follow Me on Pinterest

Happy Pinning!

2 comments:

  1. You do know that your WHOLE extended family cooks their asparagus this way, right? I agree that it is the best way to cook it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the feeling, but I didn't know the exact ingredients and settings. I said I need baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...