Friday, October 26, 2012

Cloud dough

Materials:
1/4 cup baby oil (I've also heard of people using olive oil, coconut oil, etc. I just really like the smell of baby oil) 
4 cups flour
container 
other items for play 

What adult does:
Mix baby oil and flour with a whisk and/or your hands. 

What kiddo does:
Play! Explore! Discover! 

Grace's favorite discoveries were whisking her cloud dough and filling/dumping the mini cups. Like most 'messy' activities we take outside, she's more excited to just run around in her new backyard initially. Sometimes I wonder if she just doesn't like getting too messy or if she's thrown off by different textures and consistencies. 
Just when Grace started becoming more interested in her sensory bin, she picked up this bowl and was no longer interested in the cloud dough. I think she was more excited to be able to identify and say bowl. Oh the simple things in life! 
Just like our green themed sensory tub, I didn't preplan to have this one red. I happened to pick up a red plastic bin at the $ dollar store and went from there when picking out items for Grace to play with from the kitchen. When asked, Grace says every color is blue and she doesn't really try to repeat any other colors I say. "blu, blu, blu..."
Original source: Babyberry 
My daughter's age at time of project: 21 mo.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Watching them play and discover new things never gets old... Even if it's a just a little cloud dough (which happens to be AWESOME stuff).

    PS: Brynn started her colors out by naming every single color I asked her as "Blue" too... Then it was "Pink." It will eventually kick in! :) Hope you all are having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...