Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Reading

Dear Grace,
One of my favorite things about your little personality is the love you have of books. If you had to choose only one toy, my money would be on a book. We celebrated your girlfriend, Kelsey Hurey's 1st birthday last weekend. All the kids were playing with the toys as she was opening them and you were so excited to flip through all of her new books!

As your Mommy and a former teacher, this touches my heart. I appreciate and respect the fact that you need your 'me time' just like your Mama and that you enjoy spending your alone time snuggling up with a good book. I have a ridiculous amount of reading pictures and videos of you. I'm hoping that you'll be able to help Daddy and me positively encourage Connor to love reading one day too. Enjoy! 
Love, Mommy 

I tried sneaking up on you with this picture. You walked into Grandma and Papa's sunroom, grabbed a book and propped yourself up on your chair for some silent reading time. I hope this never changes! 
One of your favorite times of day to read is first thing in the morning. Hence all the pj pictures. 
*tear-these were taken at our condo in the city...
Snuggling close to Gumball for story time. 
When Pooh is lucky you even read to him. 
Both sets of Grandparents have started a nice book collection for their grandkids at their houses as well. One of your first stops at Grammie Mo and Grandpa Den's house is to your book corner in their computer room.
You find many places to read at Grandma and Papas and just love reading the newspaper like Papa Lon. 
Now that we're settling into our new house, you have several spots you love to snuggle up with a good book.
Your room-
Connor's room-
and even on the kitchen floor. That sunny spot is a favorite of yours and Gumballs. 
You noticed I had my phone directed at you during this video. Hence you stopping to smile and say "cheese!"


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post... She is growing up so fast :) And she's as adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...