Friday, June 10, 2011

solid foods

I wanted to wait until Grace was adjusted with the time change to introduce her to solid foods. Today has been the third day of her eating rice cereal and she loves it. I tried my best to take pictures while feeding her. I'm getting really good at multitasking with her. :)

I haven't done too much research about baby food, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated from my newer and veteran mommy friends. I know to introduce oatmeal first, then vegetables and fruit (veggies because babies usually love the sweetness of fruits) and lastly meats. I've also read that she will get the majority of her nutrition still from breast milk until she is 1 so basically I'm just introducing the different types of foods and teaching her how to eat. Honestly, any more than that I would love to hear the Mommy thoughts.

I shipped a ton of Earth's best level 1 and 2 jars to introduce foods to her and once I figure out what she likes and isn't allergic to, I plan on making my own. (Thanks, Amanda Vetor for the suggestion) The baby food in London is different (ie lamb and liver pie). Plus making her food will support my healthy goals of eating healthier and making more food for Michael and me.

Speaking of eating healthier and making my own food. I was so proud of myself last night that I had to take a picture of our dinner. I wasn't planning on posting this picture, but I thought the details of the food textures were awesome.
English strawberries are in season- yummy! 

2 comments:

  1. We have used this website from the beginning... {http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood4to6montholdbaby.htm}. I also use the chart from our old pediatrician in Indy. I know it's really easy to stress about the guidelines, but we have been pretty easy-going through everything and B is right on track! You may get ahead or behind at times, but the important thing is that your baby is learning at their own pace... :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures are adorable! I wish we were able to watch her eat and feed her :( Hopefully by the time of my wedding I can feed her a beer? haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...