Thursday, December 15, 2011

the good, the bad and the ugly

Dear Grace,
Today was just one of those days I wish I had the resources I was spoiled with having back home. I hate to complain, BUT I'm going to...

  • The past 48 hours I've been playing single parent (Daddy went to a local football (soccer) game with his good friend last night and tonight he has a work dinner)
  • Neighbors moved into the garden flat below us and boy are they smokers! For some reason we only smell smoke in your bedroom and it's TERRIBLE. You're sleeping in our bedroom with us. It's so bad; we don't even want to sleep in that room. We've contacted the owner of our flat so we don't have to pay for extra cleaning costs or any damage due to the smell and we're starting to wonder about our clothes we keep in there. :(
  • Last night you just wanted to be cuddled. I went to you 3 times because you were screaming bloody murder, which is uncharacteristic of you. 
  • I keep hearing myself tell you, "I don't' understand whining."
  • You just don't seem yourself. It's bitter sweet because you are snuggling with me more than ever. But, for your first time, when you woke up this am, you put your thumb in your mouth, closed your eyes and rested your head on my shoulder. This was the first of many similar moments today. Bitter sweet.
  • When I've tried giving you your vitamins the past 2 days, you started crying (with real tears). 
  • You're the pickiest eater today. I feel like you barely ate a thing.
  • As soon as I took off your diaper to put you in the tub, you peed on the floor. At least you smiled at me while you were doing it!
  • You were saying, "Dada," and reaching out toward the front door as I was feeding you your bedtime bottle. 
  • Having our frat sized kitchen, fridge, and washer/dryer just wasn't enough today.
Possibile reasons: Tuesday you broke out in hives due to a topical allergic reaction to something-yea, probably not. You also received your 12 month vaccines on Tuesday-happy birthday to you. Daddy hasn't been around for your nighttime routine the past 2 nights, which you love and have been accustomed to. You're almost completely weened from breastfeeding- that plus Mommy attachment. You already miss the Blossoms, Harts and Millers. 2nd hand smoke from our neighbors can't feel good to your little lungs. Or it's just one of those days... 
Maybe (D) all of the above. 

3 positives: The Blossoms came over and brought us lunch today! We both received many goodbye and Happy Christmas hugs from them. You were introduced to cow's milk and I think you liked it. I received some love and hellos from my old coworkers. Talk about knowing how to brighten up a girl's day. 

I love you very much and look forward to having a fabulous Friday with you tomorrow. 
xoxo, Mummy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...